Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Anniversary


our 1st married dance
Originally uploaded by sciencedave

Today is my 15th wedding anniversary.

My wife and I met in the most random, unexpected way, at a traffic light. I was friends with her brother, and we had been out to eat. I saw the cute pizza deliver girl gesturing to get his attention. I said, "Hey, this chick's trying to get your attention." He said "That 'chick' is my sister."

A couple of days later, my buddy called and said, "You ought to ask my sister out on a date". So I did.

At first glance, we were not much alike. Neither of us had any idea that by the end of the first date, the die was already cast. We talked and laughed like friends long before we became anything else.

I am a lucky, lucky man. My wife and I don't see eye-to-eye on some things, and we fight like weasels on occasion. But we share a sense of humor, and she is good, honest, and incredibly supportive. She pulled things from inside me that I never knew existed.

If it were not for her, I would not have the children that have shown me the purpose of life. I would not have pursued the career that sustains my mind and provides our living. I would not have faced truths that had consistently come between me and success. In some ways, I would simply never have become myself.

Most of all, though, as I rediscover again and again, she is my best friend, my most loyal ally, my team-mate, and my partner.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 26, 2007, Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

congratulations! 15 years is a while.

 
At Wednesday, September 26, 2007, Blogger Robin St. John said...

It seems like an eyeblink. Honestly. The same is true of the fact that I have an 11-year-old son.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home